Hi, we’re bask!
Hi, we’re Bask! We’re a celebration of feeling good: in the sun, in your skin, and with your people. Sunshine has always helped us do that. But sunscreen hasn’t. That’s why we created great-feeling SPF formulas that are lightweight, non-oily, easy to apply, and better for you and the environment.
It all began after losing a family member to skin cancer. We set out to change sun care by inspiring and motivating people to wear more sunscreen with products that are a joy to put on. Bask is sun care you want to wear.
Our goal is pretty ambitious: we want to end skin cancer.
Our goal is pretty ambitious: we want to end skin cancer. We know the toll it can take, and we don’t want other families to have to experience what we did at the hands of the most preventable cancer. The best way to fight this disease, in our eyes, is to make sun care fun and enjoyable. We made the packaging playful, the formulas luxurious, and the application effortless.
SPF It Forward
One in five Americans will get skin cancer by age 70 even though it is the most preventable form of cancer.
We partnered with The Skin Protection Foundation (SPF) to build awareness for sun safety and increase access to sunscreen. 10% of sales proceeds and tens of thousands of units of sunscreen per year are donated to our nonprofit partners, so every purchase you make is paying it forward.
We make sunscreen products because we did not find a product on the market that met the very high standard we believe needs to exist to combat skin cancer. When we create new products, we do so with a goal that it must be the best product available in the market. To achieve that, here are our commitments in every product that we develop:
1. Stability & Efficacy - There is nothing more important for a personal care product than stability. When we’re dealing with sunscreen, an OTC (and we would argue life and death) product, the stakes are even higher. With every product we make, we set out to have the industry standard for stability. Stability, after all, drives efficacy. If a product is not stable, it will break down, separate, oxidize, etc., and stop working. This is why Bask products have a 3 year shelf life instead of the industry standard of 1-2 years.
2. FEEL - We interviewed 500 people, and we surveys 50,000+ to find out what people liked and disliked about sunscreen. Far and away, the number one concern for customers was texture and feel on the skin. We did not stop formulating until we had the data from blind feel tests to support the claim that Bask is the best feeling sunscreen you can buy in the US. Considering our mission, if the #1 issue people have with sunscreen is feel, then we’d better make damn sure that we solve for that.
3. Performance - Bask products are very elegant, but don’t let that fool you. They are also designed to hold up against the harshest of elements: maximum sweat & water resistance; stable in order to endure high UV index environments; packed with emollients to combat cold weather, dry heat, and harsh winds.
4. Solve The Problems - Outside of feel and poor performance, there is so much about typical sunscreens that are gross or just annoying. We have worked hard to identify as many of those things as possible and solve for them. For example: Bask doesn’t sting your eyes, stain your clothes, smear or smudge your spray tan, use petrochemical spray propellants, or smell cheap.
5. Leader in Design - We lead with design that inspires. We do not cut corners in our photography, presentation, or packaging. We want you to be proud to take a bottle of Bask out of your bag. Bask is as much a fashion staple as it is the best feeling and best performing sunscreen.
All of these product development principles are rooted in the fundamental purpose we have at Bask: our mission to end skin cancer. In all things we do, we remind ourselves to lead with our mission. We know that if we do that, the rest will take care of itself.